Dear ToddCohen.com Sales Community,
In response to you requests, here is my list of the “Top Reasons why Sales Reps don’t close the deal.”
- Failure to ASK for the Order. (ASK! You have earned the right.)
- Failure to create and leverage a Virtual Team (a.k.a. your own Sales Culture)
- Taking a “NO” as a NO instead of needing to “KNOW” more.
- Poor negotiation skills – failure to find a “win-win.”
- A mismatch between your offering and the client’s pain points.
- Making it about price and not about value.
- Not getting all the “cards on the table.”
- Missing the BIG Picture and the client feeling under-served. Not reviewing the contract early enough.
- Rushing the deal and not building rapport.
- Lack of confidence in yourself or your products.
- Wrong decision-maker.
The good news is that as a Sales Professional, you can handle all of
these areas by being aware, taking your time and leveraging your Sales Culture!